my baby is due...

What stage my baby is at

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Blood tests are back

And it was positive! But it wasn't that simple of a story...

The nurse had told me that I was probably ok getting my blood checked today instead of waiting till next week. So I go in and get my blood drawn. Two hours later I get a phone call from the lab...the nurse tells me my test is negative. I was devastated. How could this be? I told her I took like 20 tests and all of them were positive. All she said was the HPTs are not accurate and not to waist my money on them and to come back in three weeks if my period didn't show.

So I cried...a lot. I had gotten my hopes up after all. I composed myself enough to go to work. I cannot have my cell phone on so I put it on silent and check it throughout the day. Well an hour after arriving at work I check my phone to see about 15 missed calls, all from the hospital. As I am listening to the voice mails, all telling me to call them back asap the phone rings again. The nurse on the other end starts asking me to confirm I am who I am (dob, ss# etc)
After confirming I was who I was, the nurse says "I swear we are not trying to pull an April Fools joke on you, but the nurse read the wrong test results and your test was, in fact, positive". I was totally taken back by this. I was totally depressed not 2 minutes prior and now I am on cloud nine. I got to listen to about 5 minutes of intense apologizing. I mean whats done is done and I was happy they tracked me down as soon as they found the mistake.

About an hour later I got a phone call from the actual nurse who gave me the wrong results and I got to listen to another 5 minutes of intense apologizing. I am not mad at her, its not like she purposely tried to ruin my day. The girl even took my phone number home (since she couldn't get a hold of me during the business day) and was determined to tell me she made a mistake no matter how many times she had to call. I let her off the hook and told her I wasn't mad and was grateful she made the effort to correct the mistake.

So yes I am officially pregnant. I got to call the hospital tomorrow to schedule my orientation, and from there I will find out what my doctor appointment schedules will be.

And on that note I am off to bed. Its been an exhausting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment