my baby is due...

What stage my baby is at

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trip to the ER

So for about a week now I have been throwing up. Its morning, noon and night with no real relief. Yesterday I got some Zofran for the nausea, but apparently I waited a little too long to get it. Yesterday I got a horrible migraine that never let up. Kept me up all night and only got worse today. The nurse at the hospital thought it would be best if I went to the ER.
I was happy the doc wasn't too concerned. He lectured me about the importance of staying hydrated and trying to combat the nausea before I get to the point of no return. He hooked me up on IV fluids and gave me some injectable meds for the nausea and the migraine. The nausea went away pretty fast, but the migraine hung on until this evening. Now I am just really out of it and starting to feel nauseous again. I took my Zofran and am trying to eat crackers in hopes that it doesn't get worse.
I do not like that I got a bunch of different meds all at once today, but the doc assured me it wouldn't affect the baby.
Lets hope this next week wont be as bad. Tomorrow marks my 7th week of pregnancy.I am trying real hard to stay hydrated but its so hard when you get sick all the time.

1 comment:

  1. That's just one of the sad parts about being pregnant, there's always risks. But that's OK. A lesson to learn. You should probably doe simple measures like eating small frequent meals to stop morning sickness and prevent it from getting worse. I know it works for me.

    ReplyDelete