my baby is due...

What stage my baby is at

Sunday, May 16, 2010

We have a heartbeat!!

On Friday I went in for my first doctor's appointment. Got an exam and went over my test results (all were normal). The doctor then got a little hand-held Doppler out and tried to find the baby's heartbeat.
His Doppler was running out of batteries, so every few seconds it would shut off and he would have to turn it back on again. He kept finding my heart rate which was a little annoying because every time I would hear the hint of a heartbeat I would get all excited. I thought for sure we would walk out of the office not hearing anything. But right before he called it quits he found it. We couldn't get an exact bpm reading, but he estimated it around 160bpm, which is really good. It was so surreal to hear it...it makes this whole experience a little more real now. Before the only hint that this was real is the missing periods and the constant nausea but now that I heard the heartbeat it really hits home that there is a little person growing inside me. It was a feeling I have never had before and really cannot explain. All I can say is that it was awesome.
In two more weeks I have my ultrasound appointment...I think that's when its really gonna hit home that this is real. I really hope everything turns out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment