
Today was my second doctor appointment. They took my vitals, all were normal. I have another batch of blood-work that is due, but I am a bit early for it so it will have to wait until my next appointment.
The doc then went over the ultrasound from two weeks ago. The heart-rate was "really good" at 155 and the growth was good too, well within where the baby should be at this time. She was concerned about my amniotic fluid. The ultrasound tech had noted that it was pretty low. She was asking if I was experiencing any leaking and I said nope. Pretty sure I would realize if fluid was just randomly leaking from me. So she sent me downstairs for another ultrasound. I was a little worried...because they don't just send you down for ultrasounds for any little thing. Thankfully I had taken the last two weeks off work and was really focusing on drinking more, so I was hoping maybe things would be better.
Turns out the fluid level was much better this time around. She rated it as moderate. She told me I had to continue to increase my fluids and that I should "not work at the pool anymore". I dread letting my boss know, but I think he won't be too surprised. Its not like I have been working a lot lately anyway.
So at the end of the day the baby was still measuring where it should, the heart rate was still good at 153 (anywhere between 120-190 is normal) and the fluid level was much better. The overall position of the baby was better too.
All that is left is to chat with my boss...not looking forward to that.

No comments:
Post a Comment